Our automatic banding systems are fully customizable for adhesive-free labeling and automatic sleeving. Designed around our ultrasonic banding machines, these systems require little-to-no operator assistance. Some of the automated solutions we've provided in the past include:
ATS US-2000 SIB-L
- Down stacking unit that delicately manages the stacking process for fragile and difficult to handle product
- Great for clam shells, trays, rounds products
- Sell Sheet | Video
ATS US-2100 IBL-CB-R
- A fully inline adhesive free label application machine
- Great for trays, tubs, clam shells, vacuum and thermo-formed packages
- Sell Sheet
ATS US-2100 SIB-TTP-R
- Down stacking unit that unitizes products for bulk/club packs with a wide format label
- Label can be customized (i.e. date codes, ingredient lists, etc) during the banding process
- Great for trays, tubs, clam shells
BANDING MATERIALS FOR LABELING & SLEEVING
- Designed to flow through ATS banding machines without jams and breakage
- Large stock of paper and plastic banding material in US distribution centers
- Guaranteed to work consistently and reliably
- Variable strength ultrasonic weld
- Pre-printable for branding and product information
- Print inline for consumer information – variable data, bar codes, expiration dates, etc.
- Colors available
- Sustainable & recyclable
- PAPER – To replace chipboard sleeves
- PLASTIC – For vibrant colors and graphics
- TRANSPARENT - For showcasing products
Read more about our food labeling and sleeving materials on our blog.
Can we test our products on your machines?
Yes! Reach out to email@example.com or call (800) 843-5667 to get in contact with a sales manager to discuss your banding project.
Does Felins manufacture banding machines?
Our machines are manufactured by ATS in Switzerland. Felins is one of two master distributors in the US, supporting the 30 midwestern and western states. Sales support, customer service and technical support for your machine will come from Felins in Milwaukee, WI.
Are banding machines and materials FDA approved? Recyclable?
All of our materials are recyclable. With banding, minimal materials are needed to label and unitize products, therefore reducing waste. We offer papers, plastics and transparent films, all FDA-approved to come in contact with food and healthcare products. All of our materials can be pre-printed with stunning graphics to suit your branding needs and, with variable data printers, data such as expiration dates can be printed live on the banding material.
Describe your target audience and what will motivate them to purchase a bander.
We offer non-traditional banding solutions that increase throughput, protect product quality and integrity, and significantly reduce packaging material and labor costs. Regardless of the industry you're in, we can provide you with bundling equipment to reduce packaging mass, help lower your carbon footprint and improve overall product quality.
Does banding use adhesives or glues?
Our ultrasonic banding technology does NOT require heat or adhesives to apply label bands. In fact, we refer to it as a "cold weld." With a sonotrode and generator inside the machines, ultrasonic welds are made in seconds, adhering banding material to itself.
Do you have a solution to automatically apply a paperboard sleeve?
We have developed a thicker paper that can be pre-printed with a glossy or matte finish for a paperboard look. Our banding machines can then automatically apply the thick, paperboard-like label to your product at up to 30 bands per minute, helping increase throughput, decrease labor and increase your overall bottom line.
Are Felins' machines available in stainless steel? Are they wash-down?
Our banders, both manual and automated, are available in stainless steel and powder coat, food-grade paint that can expand and shrink in changing temperatures without cracking or rusting. However, on all of our machines, the parts that come in direct contact with products are fully stainless. Ultrasonic banding solutions are typically at the end of the line for secondary packaging. While we offer fully stainless steel machines, they are wipe-down, not wash-down. Many customers have their banding solutions in their pack out rooms or wheel their machines in and out to avoid washdowns.
Is banding expensive?
The most widely believed myth about banding is that the technology and consumables are too expensive. However, the most widely overlooked statistics (and prices) are those related to post-purchase productivity. Not only does introducing banding (and automation) to a production line reduce labor costs, it decreases material waste from a master carton, helps increase productivity and, ultimately, quickly generates ROI. The majority of our customers have an ROI in 12 months or less.