Banding is used to gently yet securely bundle and/or apply a non-adhesive ultrasonically sealed band to nearly any type of printed or stationary product. Our paper banding machines are designed to be used in heavy use printing shops and are the only ultrasonic seal machines on the market.
The ultrasonic weld is fast, clean, efficient, and eliminates the variability that heat seal machines can sometimes produce. The combination of this innovative ultrasonic technology and other customizable features makes ultrasonic banding ideal for many applications in the food industry.
Additional benefits include:
- Diverse number of machine options, configurations, sizes and features
- Easy to setup, use and maintain
- Robust ultrasonic welding technology
- Digital operator interface
- Highly versatile for limitless applications
- Variety of material options available (see Materials tab below)
- Available custom printing on the band to promote your brand
- Automation and customization options available
- Complimentary operator and service training available
- World class, local service and support
Provide us with a few details in the contact form and we'll have an experienced packaging consultant show you how banding can reduce your packaging material and labor costs.
From initial inquiry through post-installation service and support, our main goal is to provide each customer with a complete solution. That includes the proper service, parts and, of course, consumable banding materials that run best in our machines. Designed specifically to work in our ultrasonic banding machines, our materials are optimized to keep your operations up and running. We also work diligently to ensure we have the materials in stock when you need them so you can feel confident your packaging materials will always be available.
Our most popular material options include:
- FWG – Soft ribbon-like plastic film perfect for product with delicate edges
- FTN – Strong, transparent film perfect for showcasing your product
- FSW – White smooth film perfect for high quality pre-printed graphics or real-time in-line printing
- Paper – Brown or White paper for applications where easy removal is imperative (it can be torn by hand)
Other options include:
- Compostable materials
- Recyclable materials
- Latex free materials
Is banding expensive?
The most widely believed myth about banding is that the technology and consumables are too expensive. However, the most widely overlooked statistics (and prices) are those related to post-purchase productivity. Not only does introducing banding (and automation) to a production line reduce labor costs, it decreases material waste from a master carton, helps increase productivity and, ultimately, quickly generates ROI. The majority of our customers have an ROI in 12 months or less.
Can we test our products on your machines?
Yes! Reach out to email@example.com or call (800) 843-5667 to get in contact with a sales manager to discuss your banding project.
We offer non-traditional banding solutions that increase throughput, protect product quality and integrity, and significantly reduce packaging material and labor costs. Regardless of the industry you're in, we can provide you with bundling equipment to reduce packaging mass, help lower your carbon footprint and improve overall product quality.
Does Felins manufacture banding machines?
Our machines are manufactured by ATS in Switzerland. Felins is one of two master distributors in the US, supporting the 30 midwestern and western states. Sales support, customer service and technical support for your machine will come from Felins in Milwaukee, WI.